Sorry for the inconvenience, but the ReStore
will be closed from December 24th until January 2nd.
We will not accept any drop offs during this time.
Thank you. Wishing everyone a Happy Holiday.
Fall 2013 Newsletter
Keep up to speed with Habitat! Learn about what's happened and what is coming up in our latest newsletter!
How does Habitat help families?
Habitat for Humanity provides more than just a roof to put over people's heads. It provides a variety of securities, fulfillment, and happiness that make life more meaningful end enjoyable.
Here are just a few ways how helping by helping Habitat your are truly helping families changes their lives...:
• 86% report being happier since moving into their Habitat home and 89 percent said their family life had improved.
• 70% reported improved health, including reduced colds and flu, allergies, asthma symptoms and stress.
• More than half (58%) reported they were better off financially now than before they moved into their Habitat home.
• 65% reported their children’s confidence had increased and 53 percent said their children’s grades had improved.
• 20% of those reporting grade changes said the improvement is the result of their child’s better health or ability to better concentrate.
• 60% of Habitat parents said their children were happier, more outgoing and more confident.
• 23.6% said that one or both partners had returned to school to trade or upgraded job skills.
• 55% were participating in their community, and 83% of those listed activities related to their children as their first activity.
To learn more about this Canadian Mortgage and Housing Corporation conducted in
2013 on behalf of Habitat for Humanity Canada, click here .
Habitat for Humanity Stratford-Perth ReStore is pleased to the winner of the 2013 Retail Business Excellence Award from the Stratford & District Chamber of Commerce. Thank you to the Chamber and the community for the support of Habitat.
OTF provided Habitat for Humanity Stratford-Perth the ability to make necessary renovations to our ReStore. We now have a more accessibly friendly store to provide a better shopping experience for the community. As well, all staff at Habitat for Humanity Stratford-Perth
is now located in one location ~ the ReStore! Thank you for your generous grant. Building Homes. Building Hope.
Habitat for Humanity Canada 360 Built Smart Partnership grant program is supported by The Home Depot Canada Foundation and Holcim (Canada) Inc., the grants are designed to develop the infrastructure that must be in place before volunteers get busy building affordable housing for hard-working, low-income families.
The grants, totaling $550,000 help local Habitat affiliates in the following ways: Local Partnerships, Family Outreach, Volunteer Engagement, Home building and Environmental Impact, and Safety.
Habitat for Humanity Stratford-Perth was fortunate enough to receive $25,000 to help with community partnership & collaboration.
A world where everyone has a safe and decent place to live.
To mobilize volunteers and community partners in building affordable housing and promoting
homeownership as a means to breaking the cycle of poverty.
Our actions are guided by our belief in housing for all, human dignity, partnerships, faith in action, diversity and inclusiveness.
Registered Charitable No 88836 6853 RR0001